Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
How Do I Fix My Sister's TI-83 Plus?
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

BlueCrimson Ti Calculator Forum    Ti Community Forum    General Discussion  ›  How Do I Fix My Sister's TI-83 Plus? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

How Do I Fix My Sister's TI-83 Plus?  This thread currently has 12,931 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kipper
December 23, 2008, 10:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Posts Per Day
Time Online
5 minutes
Recently, I was moving some boxes and one fell on the screen of my sister's TI-83 Plus. It has done no damage other than a small blue dot on the screen. I tried holding a pencil on the spot, then turning the screen dark as someone suggested with LCD monitor's but this hasn't helped.

In fact, the dots seem to have grown. What can I do? If you have any ideas, please let me know.

I have attached pictures of the spot.

Thanks for the help!

Attachment: 1223081458_8275.jpg
Size: 234.87 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
fryedsoft
December 24, 2008, 6:25am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Fryed Software
Posts Per Day
Reputation Score
+1 / -0
Time Online
24 days 10 hours 24 minutes
It looks like it may have a small crack in the LCD. Especially if it's getting worse over time and the pixels stay dark when the calc is turned off.

If it's not too old, you might be able to get it fixed under warranty, or return it to the store you bought it from as defective.

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

BlueCrimson Ti Calculator Forum    Ti Community Forum    General Discussion  ›  How Do I Fix My Sister's TI-83 Plus?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread